BANNER ELK, N.C. – Four different Bobcats scored, led by Haley Lowman (Connolly Springs, N.C. / Draughn) who tallied her third and fourth goals of the season, to lift the Lees-McRae women’s soccer team to a convincing 5-0 win, their most goals scored in a game since 2016, over Erskine this afternoon to clinch their fourth win on Tate Field.
FINAL SCORE: Lees-McRae – 5; Erskine - 0
LOCATION: Tate Field – Banner Elk, North Carolina
RECORDS: Lees-McRae (5-2/2-1), Erskine (0-5/0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lees-McRae sprinted out of the gates with a pair of shots in the first three minutes and broke the deadlock in the 11th minute as Alexa Todd (Vero Beach, Fla. / Vero Beach) scored her third goal of the season on an assist by Taylor Barrineau (Iron Station, N.C. / East Lincoln).
- The Bobcats extended their lead to 2-0 as Lowman scored her third goal of the season on a cross from Kennedy Freeman (Kaysville, Utah / Mooresville) in the 37th minute.
- Lees-McRae scored their final goal of the first half in the 40th minute as Gen Porsche (Huntley, Ill. / Huntley) scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Ivy Cagno (Burlington, N.C. / Southern Alamance).
- The Bobcats continued their offensive pressure in the second half with a pair of shots by Cagno in the first four minutes of the second frame.
- Lowman buried her second goal of the game and fourth of the season in the 51st minute off a pass from Sierra Shuey (Louisburg, N.C. / Thales Academy).
- Lees-McRae closed out its scoring in the 59th minute as Rachel Crum (Wake Forest, N.C. / Wakefield) scored her first goal of the season on another assist by Cagno.
- Mallory Roughton (Nashville, N.C. / Nash Central) and Haile Desmarais (Raleigh, N.C. / Millbrook) combined to make four saves en route to the team’s third shutout in four games.
- The Bobcats held a 14-6 edge in shots, 7-4 advantage in shots-on-goal, and finished with a game-high three corner kicks.
FOR THE FOES:
- Kaylie Hayes and Abby McElveen shared time in the net for the Flying Fleet and combined to finish with two saves.
The Bobcats will look to continue their winning ways as they visit Emmanuel on Tuesday for a 4 p.m. showdown.
For more information on Lees-McRae Athletics, follow the Bobcats on Twitter (@LMCBobcats), on Facebook (Lees-McRae Athletics), and on Instagram (leesmcraeathletics).