Lenoir-Rhyne University's Kevin Baxter finished fourth in the finals of the men's 110-meter hurdles Saturday at the 2014 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Grand Valley State Stadium.
Baxter, a sophomore from Columbia, S.C., finished in 14.17 seconds to place fourth out of nine competitors en route to All-American honors. St. Augustine's Ty'reak Murray was crowned the national champion in the event after finishing first overall with a 13.89.
Baxter had the top time in the nation in the men's 110-meter hurdles this year - a wind-aided 13.81 seconds at the VertKlasse Meeting on Saturday, April 5, in High Point, N.C. - and finished first three times in the event this past spring as well.
Baxter, the 2014 South Atlantic Conference Champion in the men's 110-meter hurdles, qualified for the finals for the second straight year.
Baxter was a 2013 NCAA Division II Indoor Track and Field All-American with a sixth-place finish in the men's 60-meter hurdles (8.01 seconds) last November in Birmingham, Ala.
2014 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track And Field Championships
Men's 110-meter hurdles finals
Allendale, Mich. - Grand Valley State Stadium
May 24, 2014
1. Ty'reak Murray, Sr., St. Augustine's 13.89
2. Myles Hunter, Fr., Minnesota State 13.96
3. Elijha Owens, Jr., Ashland 13.98
4. Kevin Baxter, So., Lenoir-Rhyne 14.17
5. Wala Gime, Jr., Angelo State 14.20
6. Jusean Archibald, Sr., Missouri S&T 14.24
7. Arnau Erta, Jr., West Texas A&M 14.27
8. Xavier Dixon, Sr., Stonehill 14.35
9. Wilner Marcelin, Sr., Tiffin 14.36
Photo Courtesy: Kevin Baxter, L-R Athletics