Frequently Asked Advertising Questions | High Country Radio
High Country Radio specializes in helping local businesses grow through cost-effective, targeted advertising. With the right audience, and enough frequency, your advertising dollars can provide a tangible return on investment. Our goal is to make your job easier by reaching enough of the right customers to positively impact your business. The secret formula for advertising
success comes down to this: What you say times how many times you say it! Below you'll find many of our most frequently asked questions. Scroll and search the list or if you cannot find what you are looking for, give us a call at 828-264-2411.
Should I advertise?
If you need to ward off increased competition or generate additional customers, then advertising is a necessity. When you advertise, you are buying an audience. We provide unique audiences so your advertising dollars are not wasted reaching people who are unlikely to do business with you, while focusing on those that will!
Is radio right for me?
If people who listen to radio do business with you, then radio is an option to explore and 93% of us listen to radio every week*. (*Radio Advertising Bureau)
- Radio can expand your market reach
- Radio can target your best prospects
- Radio can generate sufficient message frequency
- Radio can reach mobile consumers
- Radio can motivate people to shop
- Radio can establish a relationship with customers
- Radio can break through competitive clutter
- Radio can make a lasting impression
- Radio can maximize your advertising investment
We live in an on-the-go society, and unlike newspaper or television, radio is with us everywhere in the car, in the office, and in the house. Radio's mobility, intrusiveness and target ability make it a cost-effective marketing platform for nearly any type of business.
How do I get started?
Contact us! We'd love to learn about your business; then, we will provide you with a custom marketing plan and demo commercial.
How much does advertising cost?
That depends on how much of an impact you want to make. Finding the budget you're comfortable with while providing a sufficient Return On Investment can be developed through a marketing analysis.
What are the most frequent mistakes advertisers make?
1) Not filling up one cup before moving to the next. Many business owners think they need to do a little of everything instead of doing one thing well. It's been said, I throw my advertising dollars against the wall and hope some of it sticks. Almost any business can get all the customers they need by simply attacking and owning a radio station's audience.
2) Quitting before the advertising can work. Advertising is like trying to get in shape. The beginning is the hardest part and the benefits truly begin when you think you've given your all. In order to get your desired body shape when working out, you must earn it by sticking to your plan. Successful advertising is no different.
Who makes my commercial?
We can produce your commercial, or we can suggest an outside production house. Production is free for all of our advertisers. Our advertisers receive agency quality production from our Creative Services Department, and our sales/event/occasional advertisers receive professional standard production. Our mission is to create top quality advertising that works for our client's custom marketing plan. We believe our clients deserve the best that we can give them, and it shows in our work.
What is the best way to advertise?
Consistency, consistency, consistency! Whether you're a plumber, doctor, lawyer or carpet cleaner, a well-developed commercial stating your unique selling position will keep you in the consumers mind when the day comes for them to need your services. We firmly believe the best approach is Long Term Consistency, with a minimum of 4 ads a day, forever.
I'm having an event, how should I advertise?
Heavy. We recommend fifteen to twenty commercials a day for a minimum of three days prior to an event or major sale. For Short Term Impact we recommend determining a budget and scheduling a minimum of 1 or 2 ads per hour from the time an event or sale starts scheduled backwards until you run out of budget.
What about website advertising?
For non-national advertisers, a web site is functional as a consumer research tool (just like this one). In fact, at High Country Radio, we offer ads on our website. Call us for details.
Should I do a "remote" (live broadcast)?
Live broadcasts are great for grabbing attention for a major event or sale. Our radio stations provide talent, engineering and great visibility. Contact us to check on available dates and times.
What are your payment terms/credit policies?
We accept cash, check or credit cards (MasterCard & Visa). We are also pleased to extend payment terms with approved credit.
What is co-op advertising?
It's advertising paid partially by you and partially by one of your vendors. For instance, you may carry a new widget from Acme Company. Acme would pay 50% or more of your advertising bill for sharing time in your ads. Contact your vendors and ask if you have co-op dollars available. We are happy to help you with this.
Do you have any success stories?
We do. Ask and we'll be happy to share them!