The Linville Mart at the Citgo station in Linville was damaged from a fire on April 16th.

High Country Press report nobody was injured and the store avoided any serious structural damage, with most of the damage coming from smoke and heat.

According to the report, the fire was believed to be an electrical fire caused by a malfunctioning drink refrigerator that overheated.

Responding to the scene were Linville, Newland, Crossnore and Banner Elk Volunteer Fire Departments, Avery EMS, the Fire Marshal's Office and the Avery Sheriff’s Department.

The investigation has been closed and the store is back up and running.