The Ashe County Airport added five hangars in a recent property acquisition.

The Ashe Post and Times reports the property is less than a half an acre of land right next to the airport, and was purchased for $350,000.

According to the report, 90 percent of the funding came from federal and state entities, with the remaining 10 percent funded by the county.

The airport was also approved for $675,000 in funding to install a new waterline.

Plans are also underway to extend the airports taxiway in the next year.