An electrical fire caused damages to a home at 1493 Poplar Grove Road South in Boone on January 16th.

The Watauga Democrat reports nobody was home at the time of the fire and a neighbor called it in when they saw smoke coming from the house.

According to the report, the Boone Fire Department had to turn off the power to the house, then had to cut out a side of the house to get to the source of the fire.

Total damages to the home were estimated to be about $1,500 with a little bit of fire damage, and most of the damage coming from smoke.