Two lawsuits related to carbon monoxide deaths at the Boone Best Western hotel in 2013, have been settled.

The Watauga Democrat reports the families of Jeffrey Williams and Jeannie Williams reached a tentative settlement Monday of $12 million dollars.

The family of Daryl and Shirley Jenkins reached a settlement of $4.5 million last fall.

Daryl and Shirley Jenkins, a couple in their 70s from Washington State, died in room 225 from carbon monoxide poisoning in April of 2013. Two months later, eleven year old Jeffrey Lee Williams from Rock Hill, S.C. died in that room and his mother was severely injured.

The investigation traced elevated CO levels in the room to an indoor pool’s water heater and exhaust system.