- Written by Steve Frank
Amendments were filed yesterday to the law regulating carbon monoxide detectors in hotels passed last year in reaction to three deaths at the Boone Best Western Hotel last spring. The amendments were authored by Senators Brent Jackson and Dan Soucek to include Bed and Breakfast and Tourist Homes that would now be required to have what the bill now calls carbon monoxide alarms. The extensive re-write defines time periods for taking action and penalties for operators. Next action on the bill was not listed on the General Assembly website.