- 4 Driving While Impaired;
- 1 Wanted Person Assault on a Female;
- 1 Fictitious Information to Officers;
- 4 Alcohol Violations;
- 4 Misdemeanor Drug Violations;
- 1 Felony Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Sell and Deliver;
- 35 Other Motor Vehicle Law Violations.
Captain Andy Le Beau of Boone Police said Area law enforcement agencies intend to do more of these checking stations. We are going to aggressively seek driving while impaired offenders in an effort to keep our citizens and visitors safe.
27 officers utilizing a Governors Highway Safety Program mobile breath-alcohol testing unit, better known as a BATMobile, along with representatives from MADD and WYN, participated in the checking station, according to the release, with local law enforcement agencies promising to continue to conduct checking stations over the next several months.