The Asheville Fire Department found no evidence of elevated carbon monoxide levels in the Asheville Best Western on June 9, shortly after two men died in the hotel.

The Asheville Citizen Times reports owner H.P. Patel said on July 9th that several tests by local and state officials as part of the investigation indicated all equipment was found to be in good working order and elevated levels of carbon monoxide were not to blame.

At the time, Asheville Police said there were no indications of substance abuse. Officials are waiting for final autopsy and toxicology reports.