Watauga County Public Library and the historic Jones House Community and Cultural Center in Downtown Boone, NC.
Saturdays festival is a FREE Event with adult and childrens authors, books, and activities for the entire family! Children's activities include crafts, face painting, Story Walk, and balloon art! Music, food, (including cotton candy and kettle corn) and loads of exhibitors will be in and around the library. Children will receive a free book!
The library parking lot will be closed on the day of the Festival, Saturday, June 28th parking will be available at the following locations:
1. Queen Street Lot / Courthouse Lot
(between Depot St. & Water St.) it has three hour meters @ .50/hour
2. Depot Street Lot (corner of Depot & Queen St.): Small lot; 2 hours Free
3. Along King Street (Downtown): 2 hours Free along most of street.
4. Town of Boone Lot (Adjacent to Town Hall, 600 W. King St.): Pay attendant (after parking) 1st hour - $2, then $1 ea. additional hour.
5. Austin & Barnes Funeral Home (194 Queen St.) is a possibility
See Website for more information: http://www.highcountryfestivalofthebook.com/