|The Write Stuff|
|Written by Submitted|
|Monday, 16 June 2014 05:28|
The Third Annual High Country Festival of the Book is almost upon us!!! The festival is organized by the Friends of the Watauga County Public Library to draw attention to the importance of books, reading and literacy, with two special ticketed events on June 27 and a day-long Book Festival on June 28.
Join us Saturday, June 28th from 10:00 - 4:00 at the
Watauga County Public Library and the historic Jones House Community and Cultural Center in Downtown Boone, NC.
Saturday’s festival is a FREE Event with adult and children’s authors, books, and activities for the entire family! Children's activities include crafts, face painting, Story Walk, and balloon art! Music, food, (including cotton candy and kettle corn) and loads of exhibitors will be in and around the library. Children will receive a free book!
The library parking lot will be closed on the day of the Festival, Saturday, June 28th – parking will be available at the following locations:
1. Queen Street Lot / “Courthouse Lot”
(between Depot St. & Water St.) it has three hour meters @ .50/hour
2. Depot Street Lot (corner of Depot & Queen St.): Small lot; 2 hours Free
3. Along King Street (Downtown): 2 hours Free along most of street.
4. Town of Boone Lot (Adjacent to Town Hall, 600 W. King St.): Pay attendant (after parking) 1st hour - $2, then $1 ea. additional hour.
5. Austin & Barnes Funeral Home (194 Queen St.) is a possibility
See Website for more information: http://www.highcountryfestivalofthebook.com/
|Share This Article:|