|Banner Elk Nurse Director of Nursing of the Year|
|Written by Steve Frank|
|Friday, 23 May 2014 08:00|
Tammy Banner, director of nursing at Life Care Center of Banner Elk, was named Director of Nursing of the Year for Life Care Centers of America’s Eastern Division on Monday, May 19. The award was presented during Life Care’s annual Directors of Nursing Meeting held at the company’s
headquarters in Cleveland, Tennessee. It is given to the director of nursing in each of Life Care’s seven divisions who best demonstrates outstanding qualities in several areas, including customer service ratings, staff development and successful state surveys.
Banner was praised during the meeting for:
• Her clinical excellence, as shown in a deficiency-free state inspection for 2013.
• Her availability, often coming in at all hours of the day and night to see to residents’ needs.
• Teaching clinical skills not only to her own staff but also to associates in other departments so the whole team can work together for the residents’ best health.
• Serving as acting executive director during a transition in leadership.
• Being a resource of clinical knowledge for other Life Care buildings in the region.
Banner was selected for the award from all the directors of nursing in Life Care’s Eastern Division, which encompasses 41 facilities in Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
“Tammy Banner is a living example of what the honorable nursing profession is all about,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president. “She administers her God-given talents in a spirit of love and compassion to help make the lives of others better. We’re proud of her and all of our nursing award winners.”
Life Care honored six other divisional winners and a Company-wide Director of Nursing of the Year, as well as a customer service winner.
Life Care Center of Banner Elk, located at 185 Norwood Hollow Road, is one of two skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in North Carolina operated or managed by Life Care Centers of America.
Founded in 1976, Life Care is a nationwide health care company that operates or manages more than 220 nursing, post-acute and Alzheimer’s centers in 28 states. For more information, please visit lcca.com.
|Share This Article:|