|More Poison Safety Week Tips|
|Written by Adam Hicks|
|Thursday, 19 March 2009 09:36|
As poison safety week continues, Tammy Nelson of Safe Kids Watauga County has a few more safety tips that may save a child’s life.
Nelson said, “Choose medications and products that have child-resistant caps. Make-up, hair products, colognes, and other items get sprayed in their faces and up their nose. Kids don’t understand because it looked pretty when you smeared it on your face and they think you can eat it. Throw away old medications and cleaning products.”
Nelson said old medications and leftover cleaning products can look like a soft drink and children may not realize that the substance is poisonous.
We’ll check back in with Boone firefighter, Matthew Crawford, tomorrow to talk about carbon monoxide as our final poison safety tip of the week.
|Share This Article:|