files/MDSB-GBR490x110-Oct2015.jpg files/0 (4).jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
70°F | 49°F | %
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
71°F | 52°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Written by Mike Kelly   
Thursday, 26 March 2009 03:50

The Watauga High softball team had its game with Alexander Central cancelled last night in Taylorsville.



The game has been rescheduled and will be played today. The varsity game will start at 4:30 pm and the JV game will follow. But if the games are rained out again today, then the teams will play a varsity-only game on Friday night at 7 pm The Pioneers (2-5 overall; 1-3 in the Northwestern 4A Conference) are also scheduled to play in a tournament this weekend. They will travel to Morganton on Saturday and play a play of games at Shuey Park. WHS will play. McGuffey, PA Saturday morning. The JV team will play at 10 am and the varsity will play McGuffey at noon. WHS will then play Hickory Grove on Saturday afternoon. The JV team will play at 4 pm and the varsity goes at 6 pm.


The WHS men’s and women’s track teams had their NW4A relay meet at Jack Groce Stadium postponed by rain on Wednesday. They have rescheduled for Friday afternoon, again weather-permitting-beginning at 4:30 pm.


The WHS men’s tennis team had its match with Hickory rained out on Wednesday. No make up date has been announced. The Pioneers (9-2 overall; 6-0 NW4A) are scheduled to play a conference meet at South Caldwell tonight. As of now, the match is still on, but rain is in the forecast.


The Appalachian State baseball team had its game with Radford rained out on Wednesday afternoon. No make up date has been announced. The Mountaineers (8-14) begin a three-game weekend series at Davidson on Friday night. Don’t forget, our next broadcast of ASU baseball on WATA Radio will be on April 1st when High Point University comes to Boone.


WHS baseball is scheduled to play a pair of games this weekend. The Pioneers (7-2 overall; 4-1 NW4A), who begin the night in first place in the NW4A Conference owning a half-game lead on South Caldwell and McDowell for that top seed, travel to Taylorsville to play Alexander Central on Friday night. Right-hander Cal Hardee (3-0, 1.56 earned-run-average) will get the starting nod for the Pioneers. WHS then travels to Winston-Salem for a non-conference game against Mount Tabor on Saturday. The JV team goes at noon; the vassity at 2 pm. But there’s a 30% chance of rain in the forecast for Taylorsville on Friday night, and there’s a 70% chance of rain on Saturday for Winston-Salem. If the Pioneers do play on Friday night in Taylorsville, 100.7, MAC-FM will bring you that game beginning with the pre-game coverage at 6:05 pm. There will be no radio coverage for Saturday’s game at Mount Tabor.


There was one game on the schedule in the NW4A last night. A.C. Reynolds (6-2; 2-2 NW4A)  was scheduled to play a non-conference game against Enka. The game was rained out. It might be made up later in the year. Alexander Central (5-4; 2-2 NW4A) is scheduled to play a non-conference against Hibriten tonight down in Lenior.

And the ASU women’s tennis team has a non-conference match scheduled against UC Bakerfield.



Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email