|Belmont Abbey Drops LMC, 20-2|
|Written by Staff Reports|
|Friday, 14 March 2014 06:37|
The Lees-McRae women's lacrosse team suffered a 20-2 loss in Conference Carolinas action against Belmont Abbey Thursday afternoon at Alumni Field in Belmont, N.C.
The Crusaders (5-0, 2-0 CC) remain perfect on the season despite being the designated away team while playing at home due to weather conditions in Banner Elk, N.C. The Bobcats (2-3, 0-2) saw impressive play from sophomore Jenah Tracy (Naples, Fla.) and senior Katelin Rooney (Naples, Fla.), whom were responsible for both LMC goals.
The Crusaders' MacKenzie Miller and Katelin Glass jumpstarted the offense while combining for three goals and an assist, pushing BAC out to a 6-0 lead in the first 15:33 of action.
Tracy swam through the Crusader defense and notched a goal at the 14:02 mark to put the Bobcats on the board, 6-1.
Belmont Abbey's Shanin Darley dished out a pair of assists while the Crusaders tallied a trio of goals in the last eight minutes of the first half.
Glass paced the Crusaders with a three of her game-high four goals and an assist in the first eight minutes of the second half, 14-1.
LMC's Rooney whipped a shot past Danielle Ruffalo, her conference-leading 15th goal of the year, with 86 seconds remaining.
Sophomore Mia Emmerson (Orlando, Fla.) earned 13 saves while LMC scooped up 21 groundballs.
The Crusaders defense stymied LMC, forcing 27 turnovers, while Glass paved the way in all offensive categories.
The Bobcats return to action March 15 in a nonconference bout at Columbia in Columbia, S.C. at 2 p.m.
Pfeiffer Men's Tennis Edges Lenoir-Rhyne, 5-4
The Lenoir-Rhyne Men's Tennis Team (4-8) suffered a close loss to Pfeiffer (7-2), 5-4, Thursday afternoon at Hickory High School.
Despite the loss, L-R junior John Christian Reid (Claremont, N.C.) won at singles and doubles for the Bears despite the loss.
In addition, freshman Hunter Pack (Cramerton, N.C.) earned a win at No. 3 singles and the Bears added a victory at second doubles but Lenoir-Rhyne suffered its third one-point setback on the year.
Lenoir-Rhyne next travels to Wilson, N.C., to take on Barton on Saturday afternoon beginning at 3:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Men's Tennis
Pfeiffer 5, Lenoir-Rhyne 4
March 13, 2014
Hickory High School
1. Loic Minery (PFEIFFER) def. Robin Hochguertel (L-R), 6-4, 6-3
2. Axel Woerner (PFEIFFER) def. Kilian Symalla (L-R), 6-7, 6-3, 6-2
3. Hunter Pack (L-R) def. Sebastian Wernecke (PFEIFFER), 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
4. John Christian Reid (L-R) def. Jimmy Molina (PFEIFFER), 6-3, 6-2
5. Stephen Miller (PFEIFFER) def. Matthew Ledford (L-R), 6-0, 4-6, 6-4
6. Bret Williams (PFEIFFER) def. Jordan Lawson (L-R), 6-0, 6-1
1. Loic Minery/Sebastian Wernecke (PFEIFFER) def. Robin Hochguertel/Hunter Pack (L-R), 8-4
2. Filip Dobrosavljevic/Kilian Symalla (L-R) def. Stephen Miller/Bret Williams (PFEIFFER), 8-3
3. Matthew Ledford/John Christian Reid (L-R) def. Axel Woerner/Orlando Castillo (PFEIFFER), 8-5
Records: Pfeiffer (7-2), Lenoir-Rhyne (4-8)
Pfeiffer Deals Lenoir-Rhyne Home Loss, 7-2 In Women's Tennis
The Pfeiffer Women's Tennis Team (9-0) remained undefeated on the season after downing Lenoir-Rhyne (4-7), 7-2, Thursday afternoon at Hickory, N.C.
Despite the loss, junior Zorica Djuric (Belgrade, SERBIA) earned a win at first singles while seniors Nateesha Hurtt (Jacksonville, Fla.) and Lela Sparks Thompson (Hickory, N.C.) notched a victory at second doubles for the Bears.
Lenoir-Rhyne next competes against Barton on Saturday in Wilson, N.C., beginning at 3:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis
Pfeiffer 7, Lenoir-Rhyne 2
March 13, 2014
Hickory High School
1. Zorica Djuric (L-R) def. Taylor Lindsay (PFEIFFER), 6-1, 6-1
2. Valeria Mendoza (PFEIFFER) def. Lela Sparks Thompson (L-R), 6-4, 6-2
3. Hannah Watson (PFEIFFER) def. Lacey Lapp (L-R), 6-0, 6-1
4. Mylene Petitpas (PFEIFFER) def. Maggie Brown (L-R), 6-0, 6-0
5. Briana Oliver (PFEIFFER) def. Amanda Bryan (L-R), 2-6, 6-2, 10-5
6. Amanda Long (PFEIFFER) def. Meaghan Liner (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
1. Taylor Lindsay/Valeria Mendoza (PFEIFFER) def. Zorica Djuric/Lacey Lapp (L-R), 8-5
2. Nateesha Hurtt/Lela Sparks Thompson (L-R) def. Olivia Nelms/Hannah Watson (PFEIFFER), 6-6, won by injury default
3. Mylene Petitpas/Amanda Long (PFEIFFER) def. Maggie Brown/Amanda Bryan (L-R), 8-2
Records: Pfeiffer (9-0), Lenoir-Rhyne (4-7)
|Share This Article:|