|Fan Fest Set for Saturday at The Rock|
|Written by Mike Flynn|
|Tuesday, 13 August 2013 18:02|
Appalachian State University football's annual Fan Fest is set for Saturday at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Gates open at 5 p.m. After featuring a concert with a modest admission charge for the past two years, admission for Fan Fest will once again be FREE in 2013. This year's Fan Fest
will include a chance to interact with Mountaineer student-athletes, coaches and cheerleaders, Appalachian State's final intrasquad scrimmage before the Aug. 31 season opener at Montana and a dazzling fireworks display to cap the evening.
APPALACHIAN STATE FOOTBALL FAN FEST
Saturday, August 17 • Kidd Brewer Stadium
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
5 p.m. — Gates open and traditional family-friendly Fan Fest activities begin. Activities include: Mountaineer student-athletes, coaches and cheerleaders signing autographs and taking pictures with fans, face-painting, inflatable rides for kids and access to the Kidd Brewer Stadium playing field.
7 p.m. — Appalachian State football holds its final intrasquad scrimmage of the preseason.
Immediately Following Scrimmage — FIREWORKS
• Admission to Fan Fest is FREE.
• Premium seat holders (club seats and luxury suites) may utilize their seats/suits during the event. Contact the Yosef Club at (828) 262-3108 for details.
• Due to student move-in traffic, Fan Fest parking is not available on campus until 1 p.m. on Saturday. Parking is FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Stadium, Greenwood and Raley lots.
• Tailgating will be permitted after 1 p.m. on Saturday. Tailgaters are encouraged to use the Stadium Lot.
• Appalachian State athletics will hold a sale of surplus apparel, including game-worn football jerseys, during Fan Fest.
• The surplus sale will be held in the Kidd Brewer Stadium Ticket Plaza (on the northeast side of the stadium at the intersection of Stadium Drive and Jack Branch Drive) beginning at 4:30 p.m.
• A limited number of game-worn Appalachian State football jerseys will be available for just $75 (reduced from previous price of $110).
TICKETS ON SALE
• Season and single-game tickets will also be available for purchase at the Kidd Brewer Stadium Ticket Plaza on Saturday. Tickets for all six of Appalachian State's 2013 home games remain, although seats for premium games such as Family Weekend (Sept. 28 vs. Charleston Southern), homecoming (Oct. 12 vs. Samford) and Black Saturday (Oct. 26 vs. Georgia Southern) are going fast.
• Please go to appstatesports.com for more information or to purchase 2013 Appalachian State football tickets online.
|Share This Article:|