files/MDTB-GBR490x110-Sept2015.jpg files/0 (4).jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
74°F | 52°F | 20%
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
69°F | 50°F | 30%
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Inspectors Looking at Pool Heater in Deaths PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:25

Federal and State inspectors are on the scene at the Boone Best Western, looking for answers in the deaths of three people and injury to another. Boone Police Cpt. Andy LeBeau said that the team is looking at a heater for pool water adjacent to the pool area and just below room 225 where the three died, “We have inspectors from the North Carolina State Board of Licensing, and in addition, we have an inspector from the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, as well. And Boone Fire Chief Jimmy Isaacs said that the incident here may not be as isolated as thought, “What we thought was an isolated example we keep hearing more and more reports that this is not as isolated as maybe we thought it was.  We’ve received a report from Huntersville, where a very similar situation occurred, we received a report from International Falls Minnesota already that something very similar occurred to this.”  And Isaacs says he hopes for something good to come from these tragedies, “We need to use this opportunity to get carbon monoxide detectors where they need to be.”

Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email