The Lenoir-Rhyne Women's Tennis Team (0-4) suffered a 6-3 loss to Coker (5-4) in a non-conference contest Saturday afternoon at Hickory High School.
Despite the setback, sophomore Maggie Brown (Cranford, N.J.) won at singles and doubles for the Bears on the day.
Brown defeated Coker's Faith Baxley (Mullins, S.C.) by scores of 6-1 and 6-2 before teaming with junior Lacey Lapp (Maitland, Fla.) to win at third doubles. The duo defeated the Cobras' Brittany Yando (Mullins, S.C.) and Baxley, 9-7, in the doubles' contest.
L-R senior Ivey Tant (Lansing, N.C.) also picked up a victory at second singles, beating Coker's Anna Musiyenko (Kharkiv, Ukranine), 7-6, 2-6 and 11-9. Lenoir-Rhyne remains at home to host Lincoln Memorial in a South Atlantic Conference contest on Sunday beginning at 1:00 p.m., at Hickory High School.
Coker, meanwhile, faces Pfeiffer in Misenheimer, N.C., on Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m., as well.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Coker 6, Lenoir-Rhyne 3
March 9, 2013 at Hickory, N.C.
Hickory High School
1. Daniela Chipe (COKER) def. Kelsey Love (L-R), 6-1, 6-0
2. Ivey Tant (L-R) def. Anna Musiyenko (COKER), 7-6, 2-6, 11-9
3. Jessi Campos (COKER) def. Lacey Lapp (L-R), 7-5, 6-4
4. Brittany Yando (COKER) def. Meaghan Liner (L-R), 6-2, 6-1
5. Maggie Brown (L-R) def. Faith Baxley (COKER), 6-1, 6-2
6. Casey Altman (COKER) def. Amanda Bryan (L-R), 2-6, 6-3, 10-8
1. Daniela Chipe/Anna Musiyenko (COKER) def. Kelsey Love/Ivey Tant (L-R), 8-6
2. Jessi Campos/Casey Altman (COKER) def. Amanda Bryan/Meaghan Liner (L-R), 8-0
3. Maggie Brown/Lacey Lapp (L-R) def. Brittany Yando/Faith Baxley (COKER), 9-7
Records: Coker (5-4), Lenoir-Rhyne (0-4)