files/MDTB-GBR490x110-Sept-2014.jpg files/redtails.gif
GoBlueRidge.Net
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins
HCR WSOC TV NCNN
files/auto-banner-2014.gif

Todays ForecastToday:
66°F | 54°F | 30%
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
74°F | 54°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Man Carried From Smoke-Filled Home PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Friday, 11 January 2013 06:30

Boone Fire units, arriving at a smoke-filled house on fire, had to first deal with getting a disabled man out of the house before dealing with the fire. First arriving Boone firemen reported smoke coming from the 644 Little Laurel Road home, and were told by dispatchers that the residents were still not out—a man there unable to get out of the bed—and the first task was getting the residents out.  The man was carried out by firemen—bedding and all—to a waiting Watauga Medics ambulance, although it appeared there were no injuries involved. The second fire unit arriving found the fire in the basement of the two-story home, coming from materials too close to the home’s water stove heating system, the combustibles set on fire by the heat.  Boone Fire Chief Jimmy Isaacs said that the house suffered some fire damage, but extensive smoke damage—probably $30 to $40,000 in damage. Isaacs said that Blowing Rock, Foscoe, and Deep Gap all responded to the 2:55pm call in automatic mutual aid, but that the fire was knocked down in very short order by the first couple of fire units.

  
Prev ArticleNext Article
 
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email

files/Carolina-Panthers.gif
files/goheels.gif
files/appstatemountaineers.gif
files/whs_pioneers.gif
files/Avery-Vikings.jpg