Written by MIke Flynn
Thursday, 05 January 2012 18:26
February 11 will serve as the unofficial start to the 2012 baseball campaign when Appalachian State University baseball hosts Baseball 101 and its inaugural Hot Stove First Pitch Banquet, featuring
New York Yankees legend Bobby Richardson. Registration for both great events is open now at GoASU.com.
BASEBALL 101 • 11 A.M. • APPALACHIAN ATHLETICS CENTER CLUB LEVEL (5TH FLOOR)
• ASU’s fourth-annual ladies-only baseball event
• Event begins meet-and-greet with ASU baseball players and coaches, followed by an interactive clinic in the Sofield Indoor Practice Facility
• Catered lunch provided by Bandanas
• Cost, which includes meet-and-greet and clinic, lunch and a ticket to that afternoon’s Mountaineer basketball doubleheader (men vs. Wofford at 2 p.m., women vs. UNCG at 4:30 p.m.) is just $20 per person
• Event is open to ladies only, ages 15 and up (participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
HOT STOVE FIRST PITCH BANQUET • 5:45 P.M. • APPALACHIAN ATHLETICS CENTER CLUB LEVEL (5TH FLOOR)
• Just six days before the Mountaineers open the 2012 season versus George Mason, the campaign starts in style with the program’s first-ever Hot Stove First Pitch Banquet
• Bobby Richardson, an eight-time All-Star and three-time World Series champion with the New York Yankees from 1955-66, is the keynote speaker
• Banquet begins with a cocktail hour at 5:45 p.m., followed by dinner and program at 7 p.m.
• Cost is $50 per person
• Corporate tables are available for just $300 and include dinner for six and access to VIP lounge with Richardson and the ASU baseball staff.