|Fan Fest Set for Saturday|
|Written by Mike Flynn|
|Tuesday, 16 August 2011 11:40|
News and notes regarding Appalachian State University’s annual football Fan Fest, which is set for Saturday, Aug. 20 at Kidd Brewer Stadium:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
4 p.m. — Gates Open
4:30 p.m. — The Mountaineers hold their final intrasquad scrimmage of the preseason
Immediately following scrimmage — The traditional family-friendly Fan Fest activities will take place on the brand-new KBS turf. As always, Mountaineer players and coaches will sign autographs and take pictures with fans during this time. Players will also lead on-field football drills, ASU cheerleaders will paint “game faces” and inflatable rides will be available for young fans to enjoy.
8:30 p.m. — Corey Smith, one of country music’s hottest young artists, takes the stage at The Rock.
• Admission to the entire Fan Fest event, including the scrimmage, on-field activities and Corey Smith concert is FREE for Appalachian football season-ticket holders and ASU students.
• General admission tickets for non-season ticket holders cost just $10 and are on sale now at GoASU.com. Tickets can also be purchased in advance by phone at (828) 262-2079 and in person at the ASU athletics ticket office, located in the Holmes Center (phone and in-person sales are available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.).
• Walk-up sales will begin on Saturday at 3 :30 p.m. at the Kidd Brewer Stadium Ticket Plaza.
• Tailgating will be permitted throughout the day (including during the event) in the following parking lots: Champions, Raley, Greenwood, Stadium and Rivers Street Parking Deck.
• Fans will be permitted to come and go as they please throughout the event. When exiting Kidd Brewer Stadium, fans will receive a wristband for re-entry.
• A limited number of game-worn ASU football jerseys and team-issued travel suits will be sold during the event, while supplies last. Jerseys cost $150 apiece.
• Appalachian player autographs will be split into two sessions following the scrimmage. The Mountaineer defense will sign autographs from 6:45-7:30 p.m., followed by the ASU offense from 7:30-8:15 p.m. (times subject to change).
• Winners of the Corey Smith meet-n’-greet contest will be contacted this week with more information and instructions.
|Share This Article:|