files/0 (4).jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
57°F | 44°F | 70%
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
64°F | 45°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Boone Man Critically Hurt in Buncombe Fire PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Wednesday, 27 July 2011 15:45

A Boone man was critically hurt as fire destroyed a Montford home near Asheville Saturday morning.  Rio Tazewell, 23, listing a Boone address, according to the Asheville Citizen-Times, suffered fractures to three vertebrae, three ribs and a collarbone, a punctured lung and is on a ventilator. The 2010 ASU grad was visiting friends and asleep on the back porch of the Cumberland Circle residence when the fire broke out early Saturday morning — a fire fed by natural gas from a ruptured line—making determining of a cause difficult, if not impossible, according to an arson investigator. Another man was seriously hurt when he was forced to leap from a second-story balcony to escape the burning building, but was improving Monday.
A Mission Hospital spokeswoman said that Tazewell remains in intensive care, but his condition has been upgraded from critical to serious, according to the paper.  He was forced to jump and landed in bushes in back of the home, and was not found for some time while firemen searched the burning structure for him.

Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email