|Oily Smoke Damages Blowing Rock Home|
|Written by Jim Landis, Blowing Rock Fire & Rescue|
|Saturday, 26 March 2011 08:57|
The Blowing Rock Fire & Rescue responded to this house on Vail Drive at the top of Appalachian Ski Mountain Friday morning to find the house filled with oil-laden smoke. (photos courtesy Blowing Rock Fire/Rescue)
The caretaker of the residence was making his morning check of the house, discovered the smoke and called for emergency personnel. Blowing Rock Fire & rescue personnel arrived in minutes and shut off the malfunctioning oil furnace and ventilated the house.
There was an estimated $30,000 worth of smoke damage to the house and contents.
|Share This Article:|