files/MDSB-GBR490x110-Feb-2015.jpg files/DeerfieldWebBanner_final.jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
30°F | 16°F | %
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
30°F | 24°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Fire Marshal; Stove Started Ashe Fire PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Thursday, 27 June 2013 08:32

Fire that destroyed an Ashe mobile home late Tuesday afternoon is being blamed on a sparking stove, according to the Ashe Fire Marshal. Bob Davis said that the 5:25pm fire at 177 Bluegrass Drive was due to a sparking stove in the kitchen of Crystal Maxwell’s rental home, a blaze that started

as Maxwell was visiting at a neighbor’s home.  Her daughter, though, was at home, according to Davis, and had to flee out the back door as the fire spread.  Davis said it was fortunate that at least two members of the Jefferson Fire Department worked just a short distance from the trailer park, and quickly worked to keep the fire from spreading from other  structures in the mobile home park as West Jefferson and Jefferson equipment arrived on the scene. First arriving units reported that the mobile home owned by John Jones was fully involved in flames.  Davis said that the Red Cross was helping Crystal Maxwell and her daughter with the loss.


Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email