files/MDTB-GBR490x110-July2015 (1).jpg files/0 (4).jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
79°F | 55°F | %
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
84°F | 60°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Samaritan's Purse Doc in Atlanta for Treatment PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Monday, 04 August 2014 07:06

Dr. Kent Brantly, the Samaritan’s Purse doctor who contracted the Ebola virus in late July while working to treat victims of the virus, arrived back in the United States in Atlanta Saturday where his treatment will continue at Emory University Hospital. His wife, Amber Brantly, issued a new statement Sunday after her husband was able to walk into the hospital wearing a containment suit.  She said:
"Our family is rejoicing over Kent's safe arrival, and we are confident that he is receiving the very best care. We are very grateful to the staff at Emory University Hospital, who have been so nice and welcoming to us. I was able to see Kent today. He is in good spirits. He thanked everyone for their prayers and asked for continued prayer for Nancy Writebol's safe return and full recovery."
Also Sunday, a statement came from Samaritan's Purse, saying:
"We praise God for the news that Kent's condition is improving. We can confirm that Kent was able to receive a dose of the experimental serum prior to leaving Liberia. Please continue to pray for Kent, the people of Liberia, and all those who are serving there."
Meanwhile, Nancy Writebol, the American missionary who contracted Ebola while serving in Liberia, working with Brantly, will return to the U.S. for further treatment in a few days, according to SIM, the Christian mission organization with which she serves.  She remains in serious, but stable condition. The same medical evacuation plane that brought Brantly back to the U.S. for treatment is returning to Liberia to pick up Writebol. The plane is equipped with a unique containment unit and will return to Dobbins Air Force Base in Atlanta. Writebol will then be transported to Emory University Hospital for treatment in special isolation. 


Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email