A woman in Granite Falls is being called a hero after pulling a neighbor from a burning home Friday morning.  Susan Whiteham, neighbor to the burning house, yelled after going into the burning home.  Firefighters are calling this fire accidental, saying they believe it started in the kitchen near the stove. Three different volunteer department from southern Caldwell County responded to this fire.  Investigators say the man who lives here. Michael Shireman, occasionally has seizures and may have had one this morning preventing him from getting out.   Susan Whiteham who lives across the street and is also a home care nurse found Shireman in a bedroom and got him out of the burning mobile home. Channel 9’s Dave Faherty asked if she thought she considered herself a hero, but she said, "No I don't.  I think God protects me on my duties and watches over me. "  Firefighters say Shireman was taken to Frye Regional Medical Center with burns, the extent of those injuries not released.


Photo:  Dave Faherty, WSOC-TV