A wood stove is being blamed for a fire that totaled a two-story Boone home. The fire call came in at 1:29 p.m., firefighters finding the 103 Rocky Lane in Boone home fully engulfed in flames, and the firefighting effort was on for firefighters from Boone and Deep Gap fire departments, with Meat Camp and Cove Creek automatic backup.  The battle was also with the freezing temperatures, hampering the effort.  In spite of the conditions, firemen knocked the blaze down in short order. No one was injured in the fire, but fire officials say the blaze did claim the lives of three pets. Fire officials said the fire was ignited by combustible materials falling over onto a woodstove. No one was inside the structure, as the home's residents were at a neighbor's house when they noticed the flames. The American Red Cross said they are assisting the residents of the home, that family still unidentified.

Photos:  Jeremiah Farmer