Boone Police announced Friday afternoon that they would hold a press briefing this afternoon, saying only that it is in reference to the three deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning that occurred at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza in the spring of 2013, but the weather has now caused that to be called off. Today’s 10am schedule for a new grand jury to be seated has been put off by the Watauga Clerk of Courts Office—9 new members were to be selected as 9 others rotate off, and they were to take up the matter of legal issues from the three deaths. A couple from Washington State died in room 225 at the Best Western in April, then an 11-year old boy died in the same room in June, a faulty exhaust on a pool heater found to be to blame by investigators.  Investigators said that the heater had been changed out without being inspected, and that the new heater did not match the exhaust system in place. Just when that will be reset is not clear.