Tuesday, 25 December 2007 19:00
A Hudson family lost their home late Saturday in a fire.
Officials say the blaze started just before midnight at a residence on Annas
Farm Lane. By the time North Catawba firefighters responded to the scene,
flames were already shooting from the 800-square-foot home. While officials are
still investigating the blaze, investigators say the fire started in the living
room, likely from a wood stove.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family- but limited
funds have Red Cross asking for community support. To help the family and other
victims of tragedy, contact the Red Cross at 828-754-4161.
On a related note, fire officials warn High Country
residents to take care during the winter months and have their chimneys
inspected and cleaned before use. Make sure to leave the proper amount of space
between a woodstove and a wall or other combustible materials.