Tuesday, 18 December 2007 22:08
The family of Richard and Denise Foutz is getting a lot of
Monday night, their Forest Ridge residence was engulfed in flames.
Today, they’re getting help from the Red Cross. The Red Cross assisted the
Foutz family with hotel vouchers. Sources within the family’s church, Grace
Evangelical Lutheran Church, say that donations to the Red Cross in honor of
the Foutz family would be a nice gesture. Church officials say over a dozen
community members have offered shelter and help- and the family is appreciative
of the support.
The home was damaged Monday when a doghouse heated
by a floodlight caused a fire. Boone and Blowing Rock fire departments
responded to the blaze. While there were no injuries among the Foutzes, the
family cat died of smoke inhalation. Officials estimate damage to the residence