files/MDTB-GBR490x110-Sept-2014.jpg files/redtails.gif
GoBlueRidge.Net
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins
HCR WSOC TV NCNN
files/auto-banner-2014.gif

Todays ForecastToday:
65°F | 50°F | %
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
68°F | 51°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
files/banner_chickfila.jpg
Fire ousts family, Red Cross tries to help PDF Print
Thursday, 13 December 2007 09:57
A fire off Ollis Place in Gamewell left a family homeless today. The blaze was called in just after 3 a.m. and attracted four area fire departments. Gamewell Assistant Fire Chief Ken Hair says the blaze was 75 percent involved by the time firefighters arrived.

"Actual occupants were awakened by a smoke detector. Everyone was able to get out. There were actually five people living there."

Fire Marshal Robbie Wilkie says a kerosene heater placed in a garage near combustible materials started the fire. The home was completely destroyed.

Red Cross volunteers are assisting the family with hotel vouchers- but funding is tight.
The American Red Cross' Caldwell Branch's David Garrison isn't sure how many more people the organization can help this year.

"We've spent more in the first six months this year than we have in any complete year so far."

ARC is in desperate need of funds. For ways you can help, call 828-322-4151.

  
Prev ArticleNext Article
 
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email

files/appdental-ad45a.jpg
files/wilkes-nissan.jpg
files/op-smiles2014.jpg
files/modernad.png
files/caldwell-hopsice.gif
files/champion-paving.gif
files/boone-ford.jpg
files/Window-World-logo.jpg
files/boonerentall.jpg
files/sears.gif
files/boonechurch.jpg
files/daytona.png