files/MDT&SB-GBR490x110-Dec-2014.jpg files/boone-portraits-proof-sheet-ad.jpg
GoBlueRidge.Net
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins
HCR WSOC TV NCNN
files/bcbs_2014.gif

Today:
°F | °F | %
Tomorrow:
°F | °F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
files/santa-cow-chick-fil-a.jpg
Murder Charges Dismissed Against Todd Man PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Thursday, 28 February 2013 06:39

Murder charges have been dismissed for a Todd man, charged with second-degree murder, even though his case was not on the court docket for the week.  The charge against Thomas James Laing was dismissed Monday after being reviewed by prosecutors who determined he acted in self-defense. Laing, 58, was charged with second-degree murder on March 29th of last year after shooting 30-year-old Richard Matthew Bartlett in the head at Laing's home at 996 South Road. Prosecutors said evidence showed Laing was injured in an altercation some two weeks before the shooting, and that Bartlett's friends said the 30-year-old admitted hitting Laing. Investigators said Bartlett was angry the night of the shooting, causing Laing to shut himself in the house.

  
Prev ArticleNext Article
 
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email