files/MDTB-GBR490x110-July-2014.jpg files/redtails.gif
GoBlueRidge.Net
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins
HCR WSOC TV NCNN
files/auto-banner-2014.gif

Todays ForecastToday:
65°F | 72°F | 70%
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
54°F | 70°F | 20%
  Swap Shop Online
Home SportsPass SportsPass Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
files/Bristol1.jpg
Late Night Fire Damages Boone Dwelling PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Wednesday, 01 August 2012 08:02

Fire damaged an apartment in the Deerfield area late last night, a blaze blamed on cooking with grease. The call came in just before 11 at 254 Camp Rock Road, just off Deerfield Road, and Boone Firemen found fire working its way into cabinets and the ceiling above on their arrival.  Chief Jimmy Isaacs said that they managed a quick knock-down of what fire was still burning, but said some $10,000 damage was done to the lower level apartment, but said the upper apartment in the building was not seriously affected. Chief Isaacs warned about the dangers of deep fryer cooking with oil and grease, and said that cooking leads to more fire calls for his department than any other cause.

  
Prev ArticleNext Article
 
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email

files/appdental-ad43.jpg
files/wilkes-nissan.jpg
files/heavenly-touch-rotate.gif
files/modernad.png
files/op-smiles2014.jpg
files/caldwell-hopsice.gif
files/champion-paving.gif
files/waldrep.png
files/boone-ford.jpg
files/Window-World-logo.jpg
files/Brushy-Fork.jpg
files/Main20St20Discount_jpg.jpg
files/boonerentall.jpg
files/sears.gif
files/ALDEAN_300x250_PNC_OSN.gif