Sunday, 14 October 2007 20:46
A Lenoir man died early Saturday of electrocution,
33-year-old Adam Sean Wyke fell 15 to 20 feet from a power pole
after being electrocuted just after 1 a.m. Wyke was pronounced dead at the
scene. Witness accounts say Wyke had been illegally powering his home.
According to the police report, Wyke used a tree stand to climb the power pole
after drinking alcohol in an attempt to prevent Duke Energy officials from
finding out he was getting free electricity. Duke Energy officials joined
rescue workers on the scene to shut off power in the area. The company has
launched its own investigation into the incident. Lenoir Police Department says
their investigation is also ongoing.