|Trailer fire in Moravian Falls|
|Wednesday, 08 August 2007 06:02|
A fire that damaged a Moravian Falls single-wide trailer last night was caused by
an overheated electrical wire, according to Kevin Bounds with the Wilkes County Fire Marshal’s Office.
A light-weight extension cord connected the trailer to another trailer where the power was cut off, so the cause appears accidental, Bounds says.
The trailer is still standing after the blaze. Bounds estimates 2-3 thousand dollars worth of damage to the home. Moravian Falls Fire Department and Wilkesboro Fire Department responded to the scene off Autumn Woods Lane just after nine last night. According to Bounds, containment and mop-up took about two hours.
|Share This Article:|