Tuesday, 07 August 2007 07:55
A small fire in Deep Gap last night attracted the attention
of Deep Gap Volunteer Fire Department.
According to fire chief Mark Parsons,
the fire was caused by an electric heater in the wall that shorted out. Parsons
says the homeowners had towels sitting on a rack against the heater- and it was
the towels that caught fire, not the home itself. In fact, thanks to quick
action on the part of the homeowner, firefighters on scene were greeted by
smoke and not an all-out blaze. The incident occurred on Rocky Point Acres Road
just after ten p.m. last night.