files/MDSB-GBR490x110-March2015.jpg files/DeerfieldWebBanner_final.jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
35°F | 22°F | %
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
49°F | 30°F | %
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Sawmills fire claims pet bird PDF Print
Sunday, 05 August 2007 20:00

An accidental fire Friday morning destroyed the home of a Sawmills woman.

Nancy Jean Fry had lived in the Chantilly Drive home for 12 years and lost all her belongings, including her car in the vehicle. Her pet bird was killed in the blaze.

According to the Caldwell County Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire started because of improperly discarded smoking materials.

The blaze started at 8:50 a.m. A man looking for yard sales noticed the smoke and broke out a window to bring Fry and a guest to safety. Firefighters soon arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the home. Hudson Fire and Rescue, Granite Falls Fire, North Catawba Fire and Rescue, Lovelady Rescue, Caldwell County EMS and the fire marshal’s office responded to the fire. The Catawba Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email