files/MDSB-GBR490x110-Feb-2015.jpg files/DeerfieldWebBanner_final.jpg
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins

Todays ForecastToday:
46°F | 46°F | 50%
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
59°F | 35°F | 70%
  Swap Shop Online
Home Sports Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
Faulty Receptacle Causes Small Electrical Fire in Zionville PDF Print
Written by Adam Hicks   
Wednesday, 04 February 2009 12:21

While it wasn’t the largest fire in recent memory, a small electrical fire in Zionville serves as a warning to High Country residents about taking care of faulty and old electrical wiring in homes.


Fire Chief for the Zionville Volunteer Fire Department, Don Miller, said his office received a call about the electrical fire at a residence on Lenny Lane just after 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.


Miller said there was no major damage to the home or it’s contents, and firefighters had the fire under control in less than 15 minutes.


The homeowner’s son noticed the electrical outlet on the wall was very warm and smelled something burning.


Miller said, “Anything plugged into that circuit could’ve caused the problem because it was pulling current through the line, it would heat anywhere there was a lose wire.”


Miller explained that although this fire didn’t cause any damage, if left unattended a small problem like a loose wire in an outlet could cost someone their home.


Miller said if any resident thinks they smell any type of electrical fire in their home, the best idea is to turn off the main electrical breaker and call 911 to have firefighters come and check the wiring.


Prev Article In This CategoryNext Article In This Category
Prev ArticleNext Article
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email