Sunday Morning Rape Reported to Boone PD
Sunday morning, the Boone Police Department responded to a report of a sexual assault, the victim reporting that she was assaulted at approximately 3:30am walking West King Street. The woman said she was walking alone in the vicinity of the 300 block of West King Street
when a vehicle, occupied by two Hispanic males, stopped alongside and asked if she was okay, and then drove on. A short time later, the victim was grabbed from behind, forced behind a building and sexually assaulted. The victim described the suspect as a short Hispanic male, with a stocky and pudgy build. The investigation into this incident is ongoing, and investigators are asking anyone with information to contact the Boone Police Department at 828-268-6900 or High Country Crime Stoppers at 828-268-6959. All information will be kept confidential and you may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Boone Police give these Tips for Staying SAFE:
· Always try and walk with a friend, especially during the hours of darkness.
· Be aware of your surroundings. Knowing where you are and who is around you may help you to find a way to get out of a bad situation.
· Try to avoid isolated or poorly lighted areas. It is more difficult to get help if no one is around.
· Walk with purpose. Even if you don’t know where you are going, act like you do.
· Trust your instincts. If a situation or location feels unsafe or uncomfortable, it probably isn’t the best place to be.
· Try not to load yourself down with packages or bags as this can make you appear more vulnerable.
· Make sure your cell phone is with you and charged.
· Avoid putting music headphones in both ears so that you can be more aware of your surroundings, especially if you are walking alone.