Written by ASU Sports Information
Tuesday, 05 February 2013 16:13
With the consistently evolving landscape of NCAA Division I Athletics, during 2012, the Department of Athletics engaged in a strategic planning process. Our athletics staff and other invested stakeholders
comprised the subcommittees. The primary objective was to continue the self-analysis started by the 2011 Athletics Feasibility Committee study. Our purpose in this process was to verify strengths, recognize and reduce weaknesses, create new growth opportunities, shelter threats to our activities, consolidate services and opportunities within the athletics enterprise, and align and allocate resources toward prioritized goals. Our focus and review was based on the seven different study areas detailed below:
• The ‘App State Experience,’ which we define as providing the best possible academic, athletics, and social experience for our student-athletes. How do we enhance this?
• Culture - What is our departmental culture and how do we create our desired culture?
• Leadership – How do we create leadership opportunities for our staff and student-athletes?
• Fiscal Practices and Innovation – Where are we allocating our resources in alignment with our vision and goals? What creative new approaches can we implement?
• Revenue Enhancement – The prioritization of external revenue funding for athletics.
• Branding, Marketing, and Public Relations – Are there new and creative means for us to deliver a consistent message to our stakeholders and effectively build the ‘App State’ brand?
• Facilities Master Plan – Define the next phase of athletics facility construction and funding.
The results of our Strategic Plan are our vision to guide Appalachian State Athletics in the pursuit of championship results in the classroom, on the fields of play, and in the community.
To view Appalachian State Athletics' Strategic Plan, visit: http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206277060