|Boone Chamber Seeks Business of the Year Nominees|
|Written by Steve Frank|
|Tuesday, 28 August 2012 05:30|
Know a business doing a great job? The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce will recognize the 2012 Business of the Year at their October Business After Hours on Thursday, October 25. The event will be hosted by Bare Essentials Natural Market.
Nominations for this year’s award are being sought from Chamber members and the Community at large, and the chamber is looking for characteristics, including:
1) Staying power- a substantiated history as an established business..
2) Growth and number of employees- a benchmark to judge economic impact on the area job market.
3) Increase in sales and/or unit volume- an indication of continued growth.
4) Innovativeness of products or service offered- illustrations of the creativity and imagination of the originator of the business and/or subsequent manager
5) Response to adversity- example of problems faced by the business and the solutions taken in resolving them.
6) Evidence of contributions to community-oriented projects through the use of employee time or their resources.
7) Use of local resources- utilizes educational institutions, natural resources, goods, services, etc..
|Share This Article:|