|Trick-or-Treat Saturday in Boone|
|Written by Steve Frank|
|Wednesday, 27 October 2010 13:23|
The Town of Boone is suggesting that children trick-or-treat on Saturday this year, rather than Sunday, the actual date of Halloween. But regardless of when parents and children decide to go, the Boone Fire Department and other safety personnel will be on call to ensure that trick-or-treating goes safely.
Remember these tips as you collect candy in costume this weekend:
- Instruct kids to look both ways before crossing the street
- Have children carry a flashlight or glowstick or wear reflective tape that can be seen at night
- Adults or older, responsible siblings should accompany young children
- Don't let kids eat treats until an adult has inspected them
- Remind kids not to enter a strange house or car
- Be extra cautious on the roads if you are driving.
Contact the Boone Town Hall at (828) 268-6200 or in person at 567 West King Street if you have any questions.
|Share This Article:|