|Beech Lowers Water Restrictions|
|Written by Steve Frank|
|Monday, 30 August 2010 13:09|
The Town of Beech Mountain has lowered its water restrictions from Stage 3, Mandatory Water Reduction II to Stage 2, Mandatory Water Reduction I status. Water supply conditions have improved but continue to be significantly lower than the seasonal norm.
Customers must continue to reduce water use by 10%. In Stage 2, the following restrictions apply:
· irrigation is limited to a half inch per week between 8PM and 8AM;
· washing only full loads in clothes and dishwashers;
· preventing water waste and runoff;
· using spring-loaded nozzles on garden hoses;
· identifying and repairing all water leaks
· outdoor use of drinking water for washing impervious surfaces is prohibited;
· all testing and training purposes requiring drinking water (e.g. fire protection) will be limited.
Penalties (listed below) apply for noncompliance.
The provisions of the water shortage response plan will be enforced by Town of Beech Mountain Utility Department and police personnel. Violators may be reported to the Town at 828.387.2342. Citations are assessed according to the following schedule depending on the number of prior violations:
The Town would like to thank its customers for their conservation efforts thus far, as well as their continued efforts while we remain in mandatory restriction status.
|Share This Article:|