files/MDTB-GBR490x110-Sept-2014.jpg files/redtails.gif
GoBlueRidge.Net
High Country News, Weather, and Bulletins
HCR WSOC TV NCNN
files/bcbs_2014.gif

Todays ForecastToday:
37°F | 28°F | 100%
Tomorrows ForecastTomorrow:
41°F | 26°F | 20%
  Swap Shop Online
Home Weather Classifieds Jobs Real Estate Autos
files/unnamed.gif

files/farmersstihl.jpg
CO Concentration in 11-year Old 60% Plus PDF Print
Written by Steve Frank   
Friday, 14 June 2013 13:56

Boone Police report this afternoon that more toxicological information came in late yesterday afternoon in the case of the Boone Best Western Hotel deaths. Dr. Brent Hall, Regional Pathologist, contacted Boone Police Chief Dana Crawford to report information from the Office of the State Medical Examiner regarding the toxicology results from Jeffery Williams, the 11-year old Rock Hill boy who died at the Boone Best Western Hotel last Saturday. The report showed the blood concentration of carbon monoxide was greater than 60 percent, with Dr. Hall advising that these CO levels would have caused the asphyxia that was noted in the autopsy. This level of CO concentration is consistent with the levels found in both Daryl and Shirley Jenkins. An attorney representing the Jenkins family was in Boone during the week in preparation for seeking legal action in the case of the death of the Washington State couple.  Meanwhile, answering the call seeking those who might have stayed in room 225 at the East King Street hotel, Serene Solinski told Dave Faherty of Channel 9 that she, her 13-year old daughter, and a number of her daughter’s friends, stayed at the hotel only three days after the April 16th deaths of the Jenkins, and that all in their party became sick with symptoms similar to carbon monoxide poisoning, "That even with me reporting that night the next morning ... Tuesday I went back and reported again. I called the corporate line and told them what happened. Really I wanted them to investigate what was going on," Solinski said. Last night, checking receipts, Solinski said she found they had stayed in room 325—two floors above the pool—but investigators said this week that there were levels of carbon monoxide in other areas, just at lesser concentration than in 225.

Photos:  Dave Faherty, Steve Frank, WSOC-TV

 

  
Prev ArticleNext Article
 
Share This Article:
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email