Written by Ashley Wilson
Tuesday, 02 July 2013 15:16
Blowing Rock Police Arrests, June 21 - July 2
- Michael Walter Cook, 48, of 877 Mosley Mountain Road, Blowing Rock, was detained at the Watauga County Detention Center on a 24-hour hold.
- Lynn Lane Rollins, 54, of 238 Rhododendron Lane, Blowing Rock, was charged with possession of stolen goods or property. The arrest stemmed from a break in that occurred on Chestnut Drive in May of 2011. Property taken in the 2011 break in was recently removed by Blowing Rock Police Officers who executed a search warrant on a house owned by Rollins. Rollins was held on a $7,500 bond at the Watauga County Jail.
- Carrie Teresa Beshears, 47, of P.O. Box 1867, Blowing Rock, was charged with driving while license revoked and failure to wear a seat belt by a driver.
- A town employee was bitten by a dog on Hidden Waters Street. Brandon Norris was bitten while performing duties on June 25. The dog was not able to be located and no charges have been filed. Norris did not require medical treatment.
- Several yard signs were vandalized in the Greenhill area on June 26. The signs which included real estate signs, address post and walkway lights were removed and thrown into a yard down the street. Anyone missing reflective markers or solar walkway lights are asked to contact the Police Department.