Written by Ashley Wilson
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 14:37
Blowing Rock Police Department Arrests, May 11 - 21, 2013
- Bobby Howard Bryant, 49, of 5853 Blowing Rock Boulevard, Lenior, was charged with driving while license revoked.
- Daniel Ray Davis, of 241 Cemetery, Ronda, was charged with writing a simple worthless check.
- Rodney Maurice Lutz, 47, of 219 10th Avenue SW, Hickory, and Kristie Dawn McCrain, 39, of 337 11th Street, Hickory, were charged with felony larceny. McCrain and Lutz were both held in the Watauga County Jail under a $10,000 secured bond. The incident is still under investigation and more charges are expected.
- Timothy Andrew Davis, 20, of 1612 12th Street, Hickory, was charged with driving while impaired and driving after consuming alcohol by a person under 21. The arrest followed a traffic stop for speeding on Valley Blvd. Davis was released on a written promise to appear.
- Katelyn Taylor Jump, 24, of 4092 N.C. Highway 105 South, Apt. 104, Boone was charged with trafficking opium herion and possession of marijuana up to a half ounce.
- Kirt Henry Norman, 24, of 4092 N.C. Highway 105 South, Boone, was charged with trafficking opium or herion, possession of marijuana up to one ounce and driving without an operator's license. Norman was arrested following a traffic stop on Valley Boulevard. Officers found a quantity of narcotics and marijuana, as well as scales and other equipment used in the sale and distribution of controlled substances. Norman was held in the Watauga County Detention Center on a $50,000 secured bond.
A suspect has been identified and warrants have been issued for a larceny which occurred on Valley Boulevard on May 2, 2013. Warrants have been issued for Roger Dale Hinson Jr, 35, of Hudson. Hinson is wanted for larceny of tools from a construction trailer.